[FEAT]Marking revised files

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

reccmo
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

[FEAT]Marking revised files

Post by reccmo »

Like I did for my own WIMA contributions and those from other WIMA contributors I renew my IMSLP contributions when I receive error reports and suggestions for improvement. A few minutes ago that happened for my modern edition of String Quartet no. 4 by Georg Gerson.

I experience it, however, as a problem that IMSLP users will not know about such renewals unless they click the history tab of the work page. Would it be possible to introduce a renewal tag incl. a date, maybe colored?
imslp
Site Admin

Re: [FEAT]Marking revised files

Post by imslp »

A "file updated" date may be a nice feature. I'll think about this.
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

There should now be a new feature that tells people when a file has been updated (and the last updated date).
reccmo
active poster

Post by reccmo »

imslp wrote:There should now be a new feature that tells people when a file has been updated (and the last updated date).
How do I know that this feature is working? Yesterday I updated score files for string quartet no. 4 by Georg Gerson. Today the files have been approved by a copyright reviewer. And yet I don't find anything about the update in the work page, nor links to a list of 'Updated files' on the main page.
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

There should be dotted lines on the date; if you hover over it you will see the updated date. Updates won't show up on the main page.
reccmo
active poster

Post by reccmo »

imslp wrote:There should be dotted lines on the date; if you hover over it you will see the updated date. Updates won't show up on the main page.
I didn't notice the dotted lines at all before you told me. I'm afraid other IMSLP users will not be aware of them either. Could you possibly replace the 'balloon help' date with a plain text stating 'Last updated' followed by the date? This text should of course be visible in case of updates.
reccmo
active poster

Post by reccmo »

reccmo wrote:
imslp wrote:There should be dotted lines on the date; if you hover over it you will see the updated date. Updates won't show up on the main page.
I didn't notice the dotted lines at all before you told me. I'm afraid other IMSLP users will not be aware of them either. Could you possibly replace the 'balloon help' date with a plain text stating 'Last updated' followed by the date? This text should of course be visible only in case of updates.