[BUG] Firefox crash IMSLP related?

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

Eric
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

[BUG] Firefox crash IMSLP related?

Post by Eric »

With the latest and the last few versions of Firefox on my Macintosh with OS 10.7.5 I have difficulty often downloading PDFs, MIDIs and MP3s after opening separate File: pages (sometimes considerable difficulty; the browser hangs and crashes if I don't handle things right, especially if I try to multitask.) This difficulty is definitely Firefox-specific and may be IMSLP-specific (or caused by something about IMSLP that also applies on other sites that I mostly don't use. Heavy Java/Javascript presence on those File: pages?... don't know.) Has anyone else had a similar experience? I know I should be reporting this first to Firefox/ex-Mozilla (I thought I had and then noticed what it was I actually had done :) ), but this may not be their affair...
steltz
active poster

Re: [BUG] Firefox crash IMSLP related?

Post by steltz »

I haven't had anything crash, but I am finding it very irritating that I click on a download, then the window it ends up in isn't the download, I have to click another download button, when I haven't clicked anything to say that I only want a preview. After that, I still have extra clicks to do, because it brings up a box that says "downloads" and I have to click on the file to get the PDF to open. If I click "Save" instead of "Download" it is the same sequence. It is more time consuming and infinitely more irritating. We've always been told that Firefox is more safe and stable than IE, but i find myself going back to IE now because I can't stand all the extra clicking and waiting.
bsteltz
Eric
active poster

Re: [BUG] Firefox crash IMSLP related?

Post by Eric »

Safari, on the other hand, now, Safari just happy-go-luckily crashes once-a-while on my computer, often a couple of operations after it's been launched. Maybe it's my computer- which is not new... (by current standards. My first Apple lasted rather longer than this one but that was the 1980s.) (I would compare to IE but IE hasn't worked on the Mac since frog-knows, to my knowledge.)

Ah well. Bother, said Pooh. Pooh, said Bother.