composers by alphabet

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

steltz
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

composers by alphabet

Post by steltz »

We've had so many new composers added that the alphabet division at the top now leaves gaps. I tried to add new divisions this morning, but the table doesn't line up, so apart from changing "An" to "All"; that worked fine. Then when I added "As", I couldn't get it to line up under the As -- it went under Bs.

I can do the revision if I can get help on lining up -- where did I go wrong?
bsteltz
cypressdome
active poster

Re: composers by alphabet

Post by cypressdome »

I've figured it out. When you reach the point under one of the letters where there will be no further divisions then you must format the line in this fashion:

Code: Select all

|rowspan=3 valign=top|[{{fullurl:{{FULLPAGENAMEE}}|from=As}} As] 
which tells it that the row for "As" will span the three remaining rows out of the total of five and be aligned at the top of the row. Similarly, now that the row for "All" will span only one row the rowspan and valign variables for it must be removed so that its code appears as this:

Code: Select all

|[{{fullurl:{{FULLPAGENAMEE}}|from=All}} All]
Obviously, this is going to get messy if we reach the point of having to add a sixth row.

Cypressdome
steltz
active poster

Post by steltz »

cypressdome wrote:Obviously, this is going to get messy if we reach the point of having to add a sixth row.
Let's jump off that bridge when we get there . . . :lol:

In the meantime, thanks for the advice, I will try to do this later tonight.
bsteltz
steltz
active poster

Post by steltz »

Time to jump off the bridge . . . :lol:

We need a 6th row for the Bs, and Ss are very close to needing a 6th row.

Does this involve just moving all the numbers up, e.g. level 5s become 6s, and so on down the line, or is it more complicated (just before I do the experiment and completely stuff it up!)?
bsteltz
Melodia
active poster

Post by Melodia »

(doh)
Last edited by Melodia on Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
cypressdome
active poster

Post by cypressdome »

Melodia, methinks that either you've been hacked or your response was intended for an entirely different forum as I can't make the connection between the Final Fantasy computer game and the alphabetic listing of composers on IMSLP.

I've added the sixth row which is only populated with "Bu." You are right in that you add one to each of the rowspan variables and when you reach the last row before the new row you add "rowspan=2 valign=top" to whatever columns end in that row. Then, you create your new row with |- and populate it with the new division(s), in this case: |[{{fullurl:{{FULLPAGENAMEE}}|from=Bu}} Bu].

Cypressdome
steltz
active poster

Post by steltz »

Thanks! Now I will go back and re-do the letters so we don't use 3 and 4 letters in a column -- it was getting very crowded and cluttered.
bsteltz