[FEAT] Social network integration?

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

jujimufu
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Bot

[FEAT] Social network integration?

Post by jujimufu »

I was thinking, with an increase of living composers present on IMSLP it might be useful to add some social network integration, so people interested in a composer's work can get in touch with them, find out events/performances/recordings/videos.

I would imagine it wouldn't be too hard in terms of code - if there is no date of death, on the next page you could be asked to fill in a few optional fields, such as: Official website, Facebook, Twtiter, YouTube, Vimeo, SoundCloud, MySpace, Blogger, LinkedIn, Google+ (to mention the most common ones).

All the composer-page-creator would have to do is to just paste the link into the respective field, and then in the composer's page there could be automatically-generated links with an icon that links to the page. (Something like the image I've uploaded, an "artist's impression" of the feature, I guess :P ) (I just used the first icons I found, for sure we can find better ones.)

Also it would be nice to create an IMSLP icon that can readily be used on other websites, to make cross-linking easier from other platforms to IMSLP.

Any thoughts?

(Also it would be FANTASTIC if living composers could be separated from "Modern" composers and had their own category, so that they can more easily find and communicate with each other. It might also be interesting for performers to be able to find works only by composers who are still living - in some examinations, for example, this is a prerequisite, that they perform a piece by a living composer. But that's for another topic.)
Attachments
artist's impression of the feature
artist's impression of the feature
social.jpg (77.64 KiB) Viewed 4306 times
NLewis
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: [FEAT] Social network integration?

Post by NLewis »

This sounds like a good idea to me. There is actually work underway to create an entire social network for the IMSLP. More details will be released about those new advances next year. As far as your idea goes with adding access embeds to social networks on the composer page... It sounds good to me. And it could probably be done without much work on Feldmahler's end...

Thanks.
imslp
Site Admin

Re: [FEAT] Social network integration?

Post by imslp »

I'd be happy to add this if you have the button images and, maybe, some HTML code.