Visited links

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

steltz
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Visited links

Post by steltz »

Do we have an option in our preferences to make visited links a different colour? Right now, I can't tell much difference between the dark purple and the black, so I would like to set it to something brighter.
bsteltz
Choralia
Site Admin

Re: Visited links

Post by Choralia »

If you go under "My preferences" and then "Appearance" you can select a MediaWiki skin and tweak some settings of it.

The default skin (Vector) allows to select the browser's default for link underlining, so you should be able then to set anything you like by just operating on your browser's defaults.

Max
pml
Copyright Reviewer

Post by pml »

I’d like to report this as an actual bug and disability issue. The default link colours are in fact disagreeably close to the basic text colour so that for people with any sight issues they do not readily stand out as hyperlinks. And it shouldn’t be necessary for someone to have to create an account on the site in order to get to the Preferences that allow overriding the site defaults.

It has been changed site-wide in the past — so it can be changed again!

P.
--
PML (talk)
Choralia
Site Admin

Post by Choralia »

pml wrote:The default link colours are in fact disagreeably close to the basic text colour
Nice to see you active again here, Philip :D

On my browser (Mozilla Firefox) the default link colour is blue, while the basic text colour is black, so they look rather different. Visited links are dark purple, and it's quite close to the blue of non-visited links, but not that bad, IMO. Maybe your browser displays different colours than mine?

Anyway, the MediaWiki software allows to change appearance at the global level, at the skin level, and even at the personal level (see details here). I'm not sure that Feldmahler enabled the personal scripts, though.

Max
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

I believe the colors reside in Mediawiki:Common.css; if we want to change it I'll need exact RGB values.