[BUG] Different score files, same file name

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

reccmo
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

[BUG] Different score files, same file name

Post by reccmo »

While adding new arrangements to my existing project: flute sonatas by Martin Ræhs

https://imslp.org/wiki/10_Flute_Sonatas ... s,_Martin)

I'm encountering problems with scores having different content but having identical filenames. This naming is possible since the files reside in different directories on my work station.

What happens is that an existing entry consisting of a set of full scores and separate parts is silently doubled rather than a new set is created. Ie. the files in the new entry have the same IDs as in the older entry.

For now I try to get around the problem by giving the files unique filenames.

Am I up against a bug or a feature?
coulonnus
active poster

Re: [BUG] Different score files, same file name

Post by coulonnus »

imslp is not your work station :-) Give the newer score and parts very original names, unlikely to be already present somewhere on imslp. Otherwise imslp reacts as if you wanted to substitute the newer score and parts to those present.
reccmo
active poster

Post by reccmo »

coulonnus wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:49 pm imslp is not your work station :-) Give the newer score and parts very original names, unlikely to be already present somewhere on imslp. Otherwise imslp reacts as if you wanted to substitute the newer score and parts to those present.
I do very much doubt that the IMSLP engine is set up to handle a duplicate file name like that. Consider what would happen when a contributor uploads a file that happens to share its file name with an existing score. Chances are high that this happens quite often.

I await an answer from the technical staff.
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

I learnt by doing the mistake. Read viewtopic.php?t=6142