[FEAT] [BUG] listing, sorting, downloading, exporting (IOS App)

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

orish
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

[FEAT] [BUG] listing, sorting, downloading, exporting (IOS App)

Post by orish »

Hello, thanks for your wonderful product.

Here are the problems I've encountered so far and tweaks & feature requests

BUGS
  • when typing in an item to search (in the IMSLP tab), the results are empty UNLESS I wait for the term I'm looking for to appear in the dynamic search drop-down (then it works) :o
  • when I select sort order to be by composer, the list is fairly haphazard (more or less in order of composer, but often not)

FEATURES
  • sort order by publication date / opus number
  • sort order by difficulty
  • multiple sort orders, e.g. instrument, composer, publication date, difficulty
  • after having returned from the preview screen (and also the scores page), please highlight the current position - for example, I might preview a score that's 3rd or 4th in the list of scores but when I return from the preview I can't remember which score I've just looked at. (It would also be useful to have a download option in the score preview as well, so you can choose to download/save it immediately.) Similarly, when I return to the search results page, I can't always remember which publication I've been looking at (especially if they're all very similar, like Sonatas or Preludes)
  • in the IOS app, I want to open the score in forScore, but it's very cumbersome (tap "...", choose PDF, select export, tap on More and then select Copy to forScore). Maybe this is an IOS feature, but I'd like to be able to default export or open to whatever my favorite PDF/score reader is - or simply have the download sent directly to forScore, say. (If there is a way to do this already then please let me know.) :)
  • related to this, is there some way to export ALL or SELECTED downloaded scores to forScore (or whatever app I want to transfer the scores to)?
  • stream recordings directly from the Performances tab in the Score page (I often want to hear what a piece sounds like in order to decide whether to download it or not; currently you have to download it, then go to the Recordings tab to play it, which isn't too inconvenient but still a bit fiddly)