Plate Identification Request

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

uggsters
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Plate Identification Request

Post by uggsters »

I have recently acquired a score for Julius Schulhoff's 3 Nocturnes, Op. 2, No. 2 which is currently absent from the IMSLP archive. However, I don't have the front page of the score and the plate number: "V. 484 15." does not match the plate number of the already uploaded scores of No. 1 from the same set of nocturnes. I do not recognise this plate number but was hoping that perhaps someone on here would be able to help me out as I cannot upload the score without the name of the publisher. Similarly, if I am unable to find details on the publisher name, am I simply prevented from uploading the score or is there some work-around for special cases such as this?
Thank you.
dmitterd
regular poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Re: Plate Identification Request

Post by dmitterd »

Hi Uggsters,
The work in question is taken from Schulhoff's Album (Vol 1 of 2) containing selected piano pieces. More information here; http://explore.bl.uk/BLVU1:LSCOP-ALL:BLL01004645604 It was published by Enoch & Sons, London, 1878. PDFs of other works from the volume are available here http://waltercosand.com/CosandScores/Co ... %20Julius/

Kind regards,
Daniel
uggsters

Post by uggsters »

Fantastic - came here only for the name of a publisher and I'm greeted with a treasure trove of Schulhoff's works as well. I should use the forums more often! Can't thank you enough.
dmitterd
regular poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by dmitterd »

You're most welcome! :)
Patrick Hasselbank

Post by Patrick Hasselbank »

uggsters wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:45 am I have recently acquired a score for Julius Schulhoff's 3 Nocturnes, Op. 2, No. 2 which is currently absent from the IMSLP archive. However, I don't have the front page of the score and the plate number: "V. 484 15." does not match the plate number of the already uploaded scores of No. 1 from the same set of nocturnes. I do not recognise this plate number but was hoping that perhaps someone on here would be able to help me out as I cannot upload the score without the name of the publisher. Similarly, if I am unable to find details on the publisher name, am I simply prevented from uploading the score or is there some work-around for special cases such as this?
Thank you.
Hi, I think you can also use this one (but I'm not sure about "plate number V. 484 15"). Link: https://musescore.com/user/37628784/scores/6997725
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

OK if using means playing it but not uploading it because it's a retypeset.