REQUEST: Thalberg's transcription of Bellini's La Sonnambula

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

flayzerannyx
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

REQUEST: Thalberg's transcription of Bellini's La Sonnambula

Post by flayzerannyx »

This transcription is one of the 2 of my favourite opera transcriptions by Thalberg (the other being Moses), and I've yearned so long to have a copy of the score so that I can play it myself. I think all Thalberg listeners would agree with me that this transcription is one of the most colourful amongst the many that Thalberg has produced!

Apparently the copy uploaded on IMSLP has been taken off, and I would like to extend a fervent request to whoever is in possession of a good and uploadable copy to grace this humble pianist and PLEASE UPLOAD IT! I was so happy to find an extensive collection of Thalberg's scores here on IMSLP because I am totally unable to find any of his scores where I come from - but this hole in the collection has been bothering me to no end!

I really hope that someone out there will respond to my request, for which I (and I think all Thalberg listeners and players) would be thankful forever.
lisztener

Post by lisztener »

Hello flayzerannyx,

Unfortunately, I don't have an uploadable copy of the score (although I was the one who posted the one that was removed, which I'm guessing is because it was too recent a typeset). I just wanted to say that I completely back you on this and am also a fervent admirer of Thalberg's music and love playing his works (I have played the Moses fantasy in concert- a very rewarding and well-crafted piece!). I too hope to see an older edition of it someday on IMSLP and good luck! I hope you get what you are asking for.