Puccini's La Boheme - Schirmer P/V book or full score???

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

samthegreat
regular poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Puccini's La Boheme - Schirmer P/V book or full score???

Post by samthegreat »

Does anyone have either??? I would love you forever and ever! It would make me extremely happy in my face.
homerdundas
active poster

Post by homerdundas »

Happy Happy - I have uploaded La Boheme, full score.
pml
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by pml »

Homer, it hasn't appeared on the works page, though, and it's not in the file uploads list either. Are you sure you've clicked the "ok" page for large file uploads? PML

Edit: Ouch! At 57 megabytes it might be better split into the 4 acts... Acts 3 and 4 are the shortest, but it might as well be 4 files varying between about 10 and 16 MB each. Anyway, it passed the CR, though I presume its a Dover reprint? No page or plate numbers visible.
Last edited by pml on Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
--
PML (talk)
ThaSchwab
active poster

Post by ThaSchwab »

Do you think it'd also be better to put the file under full score, not vocal? I get confused and normally don't click if it's under vocal.
homerdundas
active poster

Post by homerdundas »

Hi everyone, sorry about the big file size - I did it all very quickly. I will divide it up into acts as you have suggested, and upload it again. Soon, not now. By the way, what do you mean by P/V book. Thanks.
pml
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by pml »

Original poster (samthegreat) probably intended "P/V Book" to mean "Piano/Vocal score" - PML
--
PML (talk)
samthegreat
regular poster

-

Post by samthegreat »

You guys rock!!!! LOL however, time was of the essence so I broke down and bought it; I have to arrange for a small orchestra with some unique instrumentation. I found out that Schirmer doesn't publish the full score, but Ricordi does, and they are both owned by Hal-Leonard, so I think that everything should match up pretty well to my Schirmer p/v (of course, this IS Schirmer we're talking about). However, thanks for the prompt response...though I bought the full score, I do believe that having the Schirmer p/v in pdf format would be quite lovely because I have to make a copy for a keyboard player in the pit to put in a binder (bound scores always flip the pages at the worst possible moment), and scanning the whole book page by page is a pain on my antiquated copy/scanner. So...thanks again for anything you might find! I love you all!!! -Sam