Project Stravinsky: Complete pre-1923 works now available

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

daphnis
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Project Stravinsky: Complete pre-1923 works now availabl

Post by daphnis »

Oops, apologies, yes of course. I was thinking of the symphony opus 1, which is free. As Carolus points out, the later symphony is under copyright everywhere.
james_bass

Post by james_bass »

Just registered to say a HUGE thank-you for this. I have my first rehearsal with the Melbourne Youth Orchestra tomorrow and really needed to see the whole score for Petrushka!

Cheers.
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer

Post by daphnis »

As of today, all of the Stravinsky files that are public domain in the US have now been ported over to the US server and linked over with the wiki. Because of this, and due to the suspected unlawful inclusion of some orchestral parts issued by the Orchestral Musicians CD-ROM set, I am removing the links to the archives I once compiled. From now on, please check the Stravinsky category on the wiki to download any of the files and view additional information on the selected compositions. The only remaining pieces to this complete pre-1923 Stravinsky collection that are forthcoming are the complete parts and orchestral score to the 1911 Firebird suite. I hope to have these available in the next month, so check the category page for more info as any new files added through the US server will NOT appear on the Recent Score Additions on the frontpage.

This thread will be un-stickied, but as always, if you have any questions or comments, feel free to post them in this thread.

Special mention and thanks to Jonathan DePeri for setting up, hosting, and maintaining the IMSLP-US server, and his constant help and support with the wiki markup generator that has proven extremely helpful in getting these files linked into the wiki.

Daphnis
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer

Post by daphnis »

Just a brief update on the Stravinsky project:

The score and complete set of parts to the 1911 Firebird suite have now been uploaded, which should, I think, formally complete the Stravinsky project. Once again, everything by Stravinsky that is public domain in the United States is now up on IMSLP including score and parts of his orchestral works.
schokker

Post by schokker »

Hi,

Any chance that the septet version of l'Histoire becomes available?

Thanks,
Boudewijn
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer

Post by daphnis »

If it isn't here, it isn't public domain in the US.
steltz
active poster

Post by steltz »

Though written in 1918, and thus prior to the 1923 US copyright law changes, the original manuscript was given by Stravinsky to Werner Reinhardt, the wealthy Swiss amateur clarinetist who paid (at least mostly) for the work to be premiered. He also sponsored a further series of concerts, so Stravinsky rewarded him with the manuscript (and also the Three Pieces for clarinet solo).

Consequently, the publication date is 1924, which, unfortunately, is outside the pre-1923 requirement for IMSLP's US server.
bsteltz
schokker

Post by schokker »

Thank you.

I now understand that the 1923 limit has to do with the US copyright law changes.

Thanks.
cypressdome
active poster

Post by cypressdome »

Since it won't show up in the listing of recent additions I just wanted to inform Stravinsky fans that the eight movement suite for piano arranged from L'histoire du soldat has been uploaded to IMSLP-US.