Lefebvre, Suite op. 122

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

steltz
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Lefebvre, Suite op. 122

Post by steltz »

So far, only the score of this has been uploaded. Is there any chance that anyone has the parts for this? It originally came from Sibley, so I supposed the place to start is there? Thanks.
bsteltz
jfarrington
active poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by jfarrington »

We only have the score, not the parts. Sorry.
Jim
Kate

Re: Lefebvre, Suite op. 122

Post by Kate »

I have tracked down the parts to the French National Library. However, it will cost an amazing 897 Euros to have it digitally copied! Any thoughts?!
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

Kate wrote:I have tracked down the parts to the French National Library. However, it will cost an amazing 897 Euros to have it digitally copied! Any thoughts?!
Ouch, how many pages are there? Their fee page http://www.bnf.fr/fr/collections_et_ser ... arifs.html says .7 EUR/page!
Kate

Post by Kate »

30 pages. (without conductor's score) I now know I can get it at 0.70 Euros a sheet in PDF format. There will be tax etc on top. I'll post when I get the invoice. Not sure whether the conductor's score will be the piano reduction or a proper score.

Anyone know whether it will be legal to upload it on this site?
Kate

Post by Kate »

I now have the invoice. 32.65 Euros with the conductor's score. 25,12E without. Much better. Not sure whether to get the conductor's score. Will it be the same as the piano reduction?
I just have to work out how to pay the invoice. This is really taxing my French!
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

Kate wrote: Not sure whether the conductor's score will be the piano reduction or a proper score.
Could you please provide the url of the form and the succession of informations you provided into its fields to obtain the 30-page information? I'll try to understand the result(s) of your search(es).
I had a look at the score of http://imslp.org/wiki/Suite_for_Winds_N ... ,_Charles). I'm almost sure each part is only 1-page long. :-)
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

Kate

Post by Kate »

Hi

If you follow your link it says for the Opus 57 suite, which is more widely known, although still quite difficult to buy. The Opus 122 is much more of a rarity. As far as I know, having spent a year, on and off, trying to track it down, the Opus 122 has been out of print for many years. The piano reduction on IMSLP is pretty useless without a lot of work and skill to separate out the six individual parts.

I should have a copy of the Opus 122 soon. I just have to work out the best way to pay the invoice. Looking at the piano reduction, there are four movements and I am quite sure that it will be more than one page per instrument. The final price is fairly reasonable and much cheaper for me than than a trip to Paris! I will let you know more when it arrives.
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

Kate wrote:If you follow your link it says for the Opus 57 suite
Sorry!
Notenschreiber
active poster

Post by Notenschreiber »

@Kate: Because i have in mind to own a composition for winds by Ch. Lefebvre, i looked it up. Unfortunately it was not op.122, but an
"Intermezzo Scherzando" (op.80) for flute, oboe, 2 clarinets, horn and bassoon, "d´après le quatuor a cordes". Are you also interested in this piece?
It is an old print of the parts with a copyright notice from 1898.
Kate

Post by Kate »

That sounds interesting. Have you ever played it? It is scored for the same forces as the Opus 122. How did you get the music?
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

Kate wrote:It is scored for the same forces as the Opus 122.
By whom is it scored like this? :-)
Notenschreiber
active poster

Post by Notenschreiber »

There is no arranger mentioned, so i guess, that the arrangement is by Lefebvre himself. I inherited this sheet music a long time ago, but i never had the
opportunity to play it. The size of the pages is bigger than usual, so it is no so easy to copy. That´s the reason, why i asked if you are interested. As it
seems so, i will try to scan and upload the music within the next week.
Last edited by Notenschreiber on Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kate

Post by Kate »

Thank you so much! That would be great. I am not sure if I can legally upload the opus 122 suite. Anyone know what the rules are for music scans bought from the French National Library?