Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

horndude77
active poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Two Schirmer Piano Books

Post by horndude77 »

I recently inherited a few books which may be of interest here:
- Haydn: The Creation Choruses (Already uploaded. Carolus was quick at filling in the information that I didn't know and a full vocal score was added shortly later. Wow thanks!)
- Beethoven Sonatas Book 1. Edited by Hans Bulow and Sigmund Lebert. Copyright 1894, renewed in 1923. This is Beethoven's Piano Sonatas 1-17
- Sonatina Album For the Piano Vol.51.

Not being much of a piano player, would there be any interest in me scanning the two piano books. I know there are already bunches of editions of the beethoven sonatas, but I didn't see this one. Would there be value in me scanning it? (The prefatory material at least might be interesting to someone.) In the Sonatina Album there are a few pieces not on IMSLP and some of the scans aren't very good of those that are already available. Here's the table of contents: http://horndude77.googlepages.com/out0040.tiff.
vinteuil
Groundskeeper
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Re: Two Schirmer Piano Books

Post by vinteuil »

Please do - I own that edition, it's a lovely edition (translated by Theodore Presser, btw) - but Book 2 is more interesting.

The sonatina album is okay, but they're all very very easy sonatinas - for someone who has been playing sub-3 years, etc.
Formerly known as "perlnerd666"
Carolus
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Two Schirmer Piano Books

Post by Carolus »

I'd say go for it. For one, everything is clearly public domain and the only limitation I can think of is that we avoid duplicate files - though I don't think a low reolution scan of an item we have a high-res scan should be uploaded unless the file size is significantly smaller so as to facilitate downloading for those with dialup connections.