Orchestral Parts Project

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

Peter
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by Peter »

thanks. something that's editable by anyone on the server would be best indeed, like google doc or just on the wiki?
vinteuil
Groundskeeper
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by vinteuil »

Could someone create this as a community project and post a news entry? I would, except I feel uncomfortable doing so for a project with which I'm not involved.
Yagan Kiely
Site Admin

Post by Yagan Kiely »

It would be wonderful if someone else (other than me) could. I am very much less than adept at doing anything in the wiki....
vinteuil
Groundskeeper

Post by vinteuil »

Oh, I'll just do it myself...and add all the respondents here as members.
vinteuil
Groundskeeper

Post by vinteuil »

IMSLP:Community Projects/Orchestra Musicians Library
horndude77
active poster

Post by horndude77 »

I have noticed some volumes have shown up on the ftp server (though I don't know by whom): all of volume 6 (except for some violin parts I believe), volume 2 bass, bassoon, cello, and clarinet, as well as all cello collections. The logos have been removed from these and have also been uploaded to the ftp server. Some have already been added to IMSLP (mostly cello parts). The rest just need to be checked for lingering logos (and other errors) and added to IMSLP. That's all the news I know.
Yagan Kiely
Site Admin

Post by Yagan Kiely »

I uploaded them.

Do you know which violin parts are missing?
horndude77
active poster

Post by horndude77 »

Do you know which violin parts are missing?
The mozart files are missing.
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

If this is considered a project (which it apparently is) that is based on collaboration we really need to start tracking the progress. If I had the time, I couldn't jump in because I just don't know what is done.
Yagan Kiely
Site Admin

Post by Yagan Kiely »

I'm going to fill in details, probably tomorrow.
fred_sienkiewicz

Trumpet parts

Post by fred_sienkiewicz »

Hi folks,
I'm a professional musician (classical trumpet) and linux/free software/free culture hobbyist. I'm really excited to discover this project and would love to contribute. I have a rather large, well-organized collection PDF scanned orchestral trumpet parts, both PD and non-PD, and I would like to contribute what I can.

I've contributed to Wikipedia significantly before, so I'm familiar with this sort of work, but I don't have a lot of time to wade my way into the details of the project right now because it's a busy time professionally. However, if someone was willing to help guide/mentor me through the process or act as a liaison I'd be happy to make my library available.

Please let me know if anyone is willing to help out!

Thanks,
Fred

http://fred.sienkiewicz.org
kcleung
Copyright Reviewer

request: OM Vol 8-10

Post by kcleung »

horndude77 wrote:I have noticed some volumes have shown up on the ftp server (though I don't know by whom): all of volume 6 (except for some violin parts I believe), volume 2 bass, bassoon, cello, and clarinet, as well as all cello collections. The logos have been removed from these and have also been uploaded to the ftp server. Some have already been added to IMSLP (mostly cello parts). The rest just need to be checked for lingering logos (and other errors) and added to IMSLP. That's all the news I know.
Hi Horndude77,

Your profile says that you are in Phoenix, USA, which is also the country where CDSM is located and OM is published, therefore everything in OM should be PD in your country. Would you be able to get Vol 8-10 from your local / university libraries? Yagan is only able to get Vol 1-7, where he is concentrating on at the moment.

If you can rip Vol 8-10, this would be very very helpful for all of us............

Cheers,

kcleung
horndude77
active poster

Re: Orchestral Parts Project

Post by horndude77 »

I'm not a university student. I've done a quick look through the asu, uofa, nau and phoenix libraries and they don't seem to have them. They'll need to be found elsewhere or bought instead.
Carolus
Site Admin

Post by Carolus »

I'll be happy to purchase a few of the CDs and upload to the FTP folders. Just send me a PM about what is really needed. I can usually get a fairly decent price on items of this nature.
Yagan Kiely
Site Admin

Post by Yagan Kiely »

I have volumes 1-7 at my disposal, so if you want to get any of the other 3 that would be great!