Strauss Waltzes

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

dwil9798
active poster

Strauss Waltzes

Post by dwil9798 »

I've noticed that Johann Strauss II is severely under-represented on this site and any full scores of waltzes or polkas would be great to have. If anyone has Fruhlingstimmen, Schneeglocken, Rosen aus dem suden, Geschnichten aus dem Wienerwald, or any others could you please upload them? Thanks.
Carolus
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Strauss Waltzes

Post by Carolus »

There will be a score (Eulenburg) of Roses before too long, along with Wine, Women and Song.
Melodia
active poster

Post by Melodia »

Yeah, I'd love to see any and all orchestral scores of Strauss II. It's kinda surprising that there's exactly one on the site (which is, unsurprisingly, The Blue Danube) as there's a Dover book with seven others besides that, plus a lot of libraries have SOEMTHING at least.
pml
Copyright Reviewer

Post by pml »

Psst. There's a FS of Perpetuum mobile :-)
--
PML (talk)
Melodia
active poster

Post by Melodia »

pml wrote:Psst. There's a FS of Perpetuum mobile :-)

Whoops, forgot about that, probably because it's a typeset...but yeah, only two.

Actually I've always kinda wondered just how many of the full orchestral scores were published (a number of them had to be re-orchestrated for Marco Polo's recording project, and supposedly quite a number of others have a 'traditional' orchestration by someone else). There's also no indication if the composer did the piano versions himself or not...
Lyle Neff
active poster

Post by Lyle Neff »

Melodia wrote:[...] Actually I've always kinda wondered just how many of the full orchestral scores were published (a number of them had to be re-orchestrated for Marco Polo's recording project, and supposedly quite a number of others have a 'traditional' orchestration by someone else). There's also no indication if the composer did the piano versions himself or not...
Everyone knows that those were done by Christopher Marlowe. :mrgreen:
"A libretto, a libretto, my kingdom for a libretto!" -- Cesar Cui (letter to Stasov, Feb. 20, 1877)
sbeckmesser
active poster

Post by sbeckmesser »

They were orchestrated by one William Shakespeare working under the name of Christopher Marlowe.

--Sixtus
vanBusker

Post by vanBusker »

Recently saw the movie "Young Victoria" in which there was a lovely waltz by Strauss Sr. called "Tausensapperment" opus 61. Any info?
q(-_-)p