Eisel's Musicus autodidaktus

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

steltz
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Eisel's Musicus autodidaktus

Post by steltz »

I have downloaded a copy of this which was digitized by Google. The main problem is that the copy they digitized had stains over part of the text that I have to translate (pp. 54-57).

Does anyone know of another digitized copy of this? It would be nice to have it on IMSLP, but I'm not sure we can upload Google digitizations, and in this case, it would be better to have a cleaner copy anyway.

Thanks.
bsteltz
BKhon

Re: Eisel's Musicus autodidaktus

Post by BKhon »

Downloading Google scans should be fine, provided you erase their copyrighted logo and then post it on IMSLP.
steltz
active poster

Re: Eisel's Musicus autodidaktus

Post by steltz »

The reason I'm looking for a different one is because of stains that are obliterating text. In some cases, if only one or two letters are missing, I can intuit what the rest of the word is, but for about 4 lines on one of the pages I have to translate, it is more than that, and it looks like ink that was spilled, very opaque, so it's impossible to work out what's missing.

I need a different online copy to the Google scan, if anyone knows where one would be available. Thanks.
bsteltz
coulonnus
active poster

Re: Eisel's Musicus autodidaktos

Post by coulonnus »

Sometimes Googles rescans its early scans. At present I find the 1738 and 1788 versions from about 2017. Could you please have a look at them?

When you mention pages with stains, are you using the printed page numbers of those shown by your pdf viewer? Please quote a sample text which is difficult to read.