The urgent request: Some scores by Johann(Jr.)&Josef Strauss

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

Andrey.S
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

The urgent request: Some scores by Johann(Jr.)&Josef Strauss

Post by Andrey.S »

Dear users IMSLP. I kindly ask for your help to find a number of compositions by Johann (Jr.) and Josef Strauss:

Johann Strauss, Jr. - Kaiser Franz Josef Marsch, Op.67
Josef Strauss - Etiquette, polka française, Op.208
Josef Strauss - Fantasiebilder, Walzer, Op.151
Josef Strauss - Mille fleurs, polka française, Op.4a
Johann Strauss, Jr. - Piccolo-Marsch (Piccolo March)
Josef Strauss - Irenen-Polka, Op.113

Complete sets (Parts and Scores) are interested. If there is no such possibility, something one which can help to make typeset, for example, set of Parts in order to type Score (or contrary). Accurate and printed is desirable.

Any information is interesting too: who could publish or perform the mentioned compositions. What orchestral library they can be in. If it is not difficult, with contacts of corresponding publishing houses/libraries (e-mail, if possible). Unfortunately, searches at present haven't crowned with success. These compositions precisely weren't published by: Breitkopf and Härtel and Musikhaus Doblinger, they aren't present on sale at Luck's Music Library, at Sheet Music Plus, and in whole, it was not possible to find them anywhere, unfortunately.

Very much I count on your help , advice, and, probably, you won't be complicated to share any of the above-named products.

Thanks in advance.

Yours faithfully,
Andrey S.
kalliwoda
active poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Re: The urgent request: Some scores by Johann(Jr.)&Josef Str

Post by kalliwoda »

Could not find versions for orchestra in libraries, only for piano...
But they are all available at Berlin Deutsche Staatsbibliothek
http://staatsbibliothek-berlin.de/musik ... aloge.html
and you can also find them in the Austrian National Library
http://aleph.onb.ac.at/F?func=file&file ... l_base=MUS

Not sure about modern publishers - Cranz (Spina) now is a subsidiary of Schott.

Johann Strauss, Jr. - Kaiser Franz Josef Marsch, Op.67 for Pfte: Vienna, Pietro Mechetti (StaBi Berlin Mus 6897)
Johann Strauss, Jr. - Piccolo-Marsch (Piccolo March) from Aschenbrödel op. posth. for Pfte. Wien, Weinberger 1900 (StaBi Berlin 46866)
Josef Strauss - Mille fleurs, polka française, Op.4 for Pfte Hamburg, Cranz (StaBi Berlin Mus 14991)
Josef Strauss - Irenen-Polka, Op.113 for Pfte Vienna, Haslinger (StaBi Berlin 192166)
Josef Strauss - Fantasiebilder, Walzer, Op.151 for Pfte Vienna, Spina (StaBi Berlin Mus O.16803);
Leipzig, Cranz (StaBi Berlin Mus O.11606/1)
Josef Strauss - Etiquette, polka française, Op.208 Vienna, Spina (StaBi Berlin Mus 15028)

Update:
Found one orchestral material from Verlagsgruppe Hermann / Strauss Edition Wien http://www.strauss.at/):
Josef Strauss Etiquette, Polka française, Op.208 Picc.1.2.2(C,C).2.-4.2(F).1.0.,Pk, Schlzg, Str

For the other works (Mille Fleurs, Piccolo- and Kaiser FJ- Marsch) you may want to contact the conductor of the Strauss-Edition CDs, Christian Pollack.
Andrey.S

Post by Andrey.S »

I really appreciate your help!

Unfortunately, we really need orchestrated versions of the mentioned compositions.

They have been recorded and published by Marco Polo Music Label and performed by orchestras:

Slovak State Philharmonic Orchestra, Kosice
Budapest Strauss Symphony Orchestra

Probably, someone has a contact information of these orchestras, and, better, of their libraries. Unfortunately, from the philharmonic societies the answer doesn't come.

I wrote to sfk@sfk.sk and info@bftz.hu. Alas, without results. No answer has come for a week.

Thanks again!
Andrey.S

Post by Andrey.S »

Yes, and one more huge gratitude!

I will surely try to contact with Christian Pollack as you recommend! Probably, it is a good idea!

But there hasn't been an answer from Strauss Edition Wien so far. I wrote them to sales@strauss.at 2 days ago. I rely on their response.