Schuberts Quartettsatz

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

Fionnuala Murphy
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Schuberts Quartettsatz

Post by Fionnuala Murphy »

Hello,

I am trying to locate a copy of the second movement of Schubert's Quartettsatz in C minor (D703). This movement is only a fragment of about 40 bars duration. I've heard a recording of it but cant seem to find a copy of the score. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thank you
aldona
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Schuberts Quartettsatz

Post by aldona »

It is printed in the "Revisionsbericht" (Editors' Commentary on the Critical Edition) of the Breitkopf & Hartel complete Schubert edition of 1884-1897, pages 78-82.

I am having lots of computer problems at the moment - the computer which is connected to the scanner, and which has all my .pdf conversion software, is out of action until further notice, so I can't actually upload anything at the moment. Does anyone else out there have access to a copy of the Revisionsbericht (or the Dover reprint of the complete Schubert works, volume 19) that they could help out with?

AJ
“all great composers wrote music that could be described as ‘heavenly’; but others have to take you there. In Schubert’s music you hear the very first notes, and you know that you’re there already.” - Steven Isserlis