Ignaz Moscheles - Tägliche Studien, Op.107

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

cypressdome
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Ignaz Moscheles - Tägliche Studien, Op.107

Post by cypressdome »

Passing on a request I received from another user seeking Moscheles' Op.107 the full name of which is "Tägliche Studien über die harmonisirten Scalen zur Uebung in den verschiedensten Rhythmen, ein Cyclus von 59 vierhändigen Charakterstücken in allen Dur- und Moll-Tonarten mit vollständigem Fingersatz für das Pianoforte." This was published in two books by Kistner around 1843 and was also issued at the same time by Cramer & Beale under the title "The Daily companion: or Practical & progressive exercises on the harmonized scales, being a series of 59 characteristic duets for the pianoforte, in all major & minor keys." I checked about ten online sources and came up with nothing.

Thanks,
Cypressdome
Eric
active poster

Re: Ignaz Moscheles - Tägliche Studien, Op.107

Post by Eric »

Probably tangential, but the British Library has a microform of the work (and some others have the published score. I can't seem to find a scanned-in version - either first or later edition in part or in whole- either at present.)
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer

Post by daphnis »

In the US, Cornell and Harvard both appear to have a copy of the Kistner publication.
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

well, one of those is right by me, anyway... hrm. though I don't go by the library often and don't have borrowing privileges (they do have a good photocopying machine on site).
jfarrington
active poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by jfarrington »

FWIW, a new edition was published in 2007 by the Dutch publisher, Van Sambeek (pub. no. VSE 10).
Jim