ANYTHING by Dominico Alberti

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

goshisanniichi
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

ANYTHING by Dominico Alberti

Post by goshisanniichi »

I would like to see, out of deathly curiosity, any work by Dominico Alberti (even an exerpt), the namesake and inventor of the e'er popular alberti bass.

To the best of my knowledge his music was not very popular, even during his day, and as a result, apparently, less fifty (I think about ten actually, but it has been quite a while since I've researched his) of his works have survived to this day, though I have never been able to find any examples of them. However, Mozart had apperently heard one of his works at some point and as a result include the alberti bass many of his most well known pieces (ie k.545), therefore, I'm very curious to see what his works were/are like.
goshisanniichi

Post by goshisanniichi »

I didn't think about this until after I had already placed my orginal post and did not want to double post... ne way, I've also been looking for a copy of Scott Joplin's "Please Say You Will," which was his first published piece, at the age of approx. seven, making it fairly significant.

(published circa 1890, therefore it's PD)
Yagan Kiely
Site Admin

Post by Yagan Kiely »

The story of Mozart seems a bit... too easy... but okay.

Not all publications of the Scott Joplin are in PD. however, obviously the first one is.

BTW, you can edit your own posts and add or take away information to avoid double posts.
Lyle Neff
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by Lyle Neff »

If I recall correctly, there's a movement by Alberti in the 2nd volume of Historical anthology of music, by Archibald T. Davison and Willi Apel, (Cambridge, Harvard University Press, 1949-1950). But I could be mistaken.

I think I have the Scott Joplin piece, but it might take a little time to drag it out of my mothballs.
scottorr
forum adept

Post by scottorr »

Here you go, it was uploaded by the user above.

http://imslp.org/wiki/Please_Say_You_Wi ... C_Scott%29