Schubert D 789

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

thor36
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Schubert D 789

Post by thor36 »

Did somebody notice that page 5 (111) is missing in the score of this rather unknown Lied ?
coulonnus
active poster

Re: Schubert D 789

Post by coulonnus »

Page 5 isn't missing but it is after p.7! Scanning is almost as difficult as retypesetting :-)
I'll put a notice into the Discussion page.
thor36

Post by thor36 »

Thank's a lot for so quick an answer ! How stupid of me not counting the pages !
I know how difficult it is to scan. A thousand thanks to IMSLP for everything... :D :D :D
aldona
active poster

Post by aldona »

...mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa...

I thought I checked each song carefully before uploading, obviously this one slipped through my pdf-generator's quality control.

Yes, all the pages are there, but page 5 is after page 7. The user will have to print it out and then rearrange the pages. I won't be able to rescan it in the foreseeable future as life is too chaotic (haven't had time to scan anything for over a year!) but someone may be clever enough to fix it somehow.

AJ
“all great composers wrote music that could be described as ‘heavenly’; but others have to take you there. In Schubert’s music you hear the very first notes, and you know that you’re there already.” - Steven Isserlis
cypressdome
active poster

Post by cypressdome »

I've fixed the page order. Nice scan by the way.

Cypressdome
thor36

Post by thor36 »

Please excuse me, both of you, for my criticizing. This was a very tiny mistake in such a huge and wonderful job. Thanks to you, I'm able to read and play not only the most famous Lieder printed by Peters, but also the lesser known ones. For more than two years now, I'm systematically exploring Schuberts Lieder from D1 to D965 (Today I worked D806), hearing the complete recordings (Graham Johnson and Ulrich Eisenlohr) or more or less complete ones (Fischer Dieskau and the marvellous G. Janowitz by DGG) after carefully reading the scores. I wouldn't have done so without you. One Lied a day, and one blessing for you !
Thanks again !
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D