Doppler Hungarian Fantaisie

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

rachs47

Doppler Hungarian Fantaisie

Post by rachs47 »

Hi,
Is there a version of Doppler's Hugarian Fantaisie for flute and piano/orchestra available?
Thanks!
aldona
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by aldona »

Is that the Fantaisie Pastorale Hongroise, Op.26?

I have a flute + piano version on my "Flute Music Library" CD, which is widely distributed through EBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Great-Flute-Shee ... dZViewItem

(This is not the same seller I bought mine from, but it is the same collection.)
Can we upload the contents of these kinds of widely available PD collections here? If so, what do we put under "edition": probably something like "widely available source"?

Aldona
“all great composers wrote music that could be described as ‘heavenly’; but others have to take you there. In Schubert’s music you hear the very first notes, and you know that you’re there already.” - Steven Isserlis
aldona
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by aldona »

I did a bit of research and answered my own question...

So I've gone ahead and uploaded the Fantaisie Pastorale Hongroise.

I got so excited I couldn't stop myself, so I've thrown in Doppler's "Fantasy on a Theme of Beethoven" Op.46 and Schubert's "Introduction & Variations on 'Trockne Blumen'" Op.160 as well.

I couldn't find a lot of information about Doppler (the Liszt of the flute?) so if anyone can help fill in the blanks re: composition and publication dates etc, it would be appreciated.

Any other works by Doppler would be nice too - I remember once hearing the Fantasy on Themes from "Rigoletto" for two flutes and piano, and it was very impressive.

Aldona
“all great composers wrote music that could be described as ‘heavenly’; but others have to take you there. In Schubert’s music you hear the very first notes, and you know that you’re there already.” - Steven Isserlis