Thank's for your help.
trebor33
Rob Peters
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Hans ROTT

Post by Rob Peters »

The symphony has only been published for the first time in the late 80's by Reis & Erler, there's no chance you'll find it here or elsewhere as a free download.

So I can't help you, but your post made me look up the biography of this composer (of whom I knew hardly more than his name and the fact that he died very young).
What a sad, tragical life and what an ugly role in his downfall for a composer I otherwise admire greatly, Brahms. It makes me admire another favorite of mine, Bruckner, even more because of his human warmth and sympathy and his courage in defending Rott, who appeared to be his favorite pupil.
Trebor33

Post by Trebor33 »

hello,
Good morning and thanks for your quick great answer.
I found an Internet http://www.rieserler.de/komponisten_en.php address, but I see that there are several versions as the symphony: http://www.rieserler.de/advanced_search ... ns&x=0&y=0
Probably two drivers (the partition of the conductor) and the orchestra equipment at the price of 98,5€.
As I do not speak the German and very wrong language English, I can make a mistake in what I found.
With my gratitude.
Trebor33
Robert.chetwynd@free.fr
Rob Peters
active poster

Post by Rob Peters »

Of the 3 versions of the symphony listed on that page, the first appear to be the orchestral parts (only for hire), the second (98,50 euro) is the original score and the 3rd (32 euro) is a piano arrangement.