Johan Daniel Berlin, Sonatina in D minor for keyboard 5 mvts

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

heatherreichgott
regular poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Johan Daniel Berlin, Sonatina in D minor for keyboard 5 mvts

Post by heatherreichgott »

I spent $9 to download this from Scribd and it turned out it was only the first movement out of 5! :x
It was written in 1751.
The pdf I downloaded says at the bottom "Eiendom for alle land". I think it is Norwegian. No information about publisher or editor is on the pdf.

Here is a link to a recording on amazon.co.uk that has sound clips of all 5 movements.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009 ... 52-4988757

Is there any hope?
coulonnus
active poster

Re: Johan Daniel Berlin, Sonatina in D minor for keyboard 5

Post by coulonnus »

Scribd contains many scores copied from other sites, e.g. imslp. Could you please provide the scribd URL where you found it? If scribd offers low resolution images of it for free I will try to find the source website.
cypressdome
active poster

Post by cypressdome »

It looks like the same scan is on Scribd in two locations. Here's one: Berlin Sonatina. This appears to be the edition by Magne Elvestrand (1914-1991) that was published in 1953 (see Worldcat). This version also appears to be available in a collected works edition from 1977 (see Worldcat). Perhaps you can find it in a nearby library.
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

heatherreichgott wrote:I spent $9 to download this from Scribd and it turned out it was only the first movement out of 5!?
Are the $9 a permission to download all scribd scores? Sort of a subscription? Or that one only?
heatherreichgott wrote:The pdf I downloaded says at the bottom "Eiendom for alle land"
This means "property for all countries". Perhaps the source score is copyrighted and the enthusiast who put it on scribd believes it is now his property because he put measure numbers. :-)
heatherreichgott
regular poster

Post by heatherreichgott »

Here is the scribd link
http://www.scribd.com/doc/128980261/Son ... erlin-1751
(3 pages = first movement only, and I am looking for all five mvts.)

The $9 is a subscription -- they don't let you pay for a file individually. I almost never use scribd, so on the 2 occasions so far that I have wanted something, I've just paid for 24-hour access.

I did look in libraries but the closest copy I can find is Yale University, an hour and a half drive away... If I decide I want it that badly I'll go there :)
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

Worldcat has one "downloadable" result: http://www.worldcat.org/title/collected ... 2529format
But I can't seem to find the "download" button! :-(
steltz
active poster

Post by steltz »

There is no download button, because it's not really downloadable. It goes to Google, who has put this on snippet or preview, or something like that, because it was published in 1977 and edited by Kortsen. Why they advertise it as downloadable is beyond me.
bsteltz
Musico

Post by Musico »

heatherreichgott wrote:Here is the scribd link
http://www.scribd.com/doc/128980261/Son ... erlin-1751
(3 pages = first movement only, and I am looking for all five mvts.)

The $9 is a subscription -- they don't let you pay for a file individually. I almost never use scribd, so on the 2 occasions so far that I have wanted something, I've just paid for 24-hour access.

I did look in libraries but the closest copy I can find is Yale University, an hour and a half drive away... If I decide I want it that badly I'll go there :)
kindly reminder: Do not EVER pay scribd.com for any subscription fee. This is because when scribd.com is free, people upload documents there voluntarily (although some might be in copyright) and making money from those materials is unforgivable, try other sources.