Italian Piano Methods

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

jazz80
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Italian Piano Methods

Post by jazz80 »

I'm looking for the piano methods of 2 great Italian Pianists and Teachers. The first is Beniamino Cesi, that wrote his method between 1893-1904; the title in Italian is "Metodo Teorico Pratico per lo Studio del Pianoforte" in 12 parts. The second is Alessandro Longo, that was a pupil of Cesi and after him wrote his method with the Italian title "La Tecnica Pianistica" also in 12 parts. I don't know exactly if there are problems of copyright, because both the methods were written 100 years ago.
Last edited by Choralia on Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed erroneous link apparently added by mistake
Choralia
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Italian Piano Methods

Post by Choralia »

jazz80 wrote:I don't know exactly if there are problems of copyright, because both the methods were written 100 years ago.
You're probably located in Italy. Longo died in 1945, so his works will be public domain in Europe on January 1st, 2016 (while they are already public domain in many other countries where copyright lasts only 50 years from death - I'm not sure about U.S.A., as "La Tecnica Pianistica" was published after 1923 so its copyright status should be verified in the records of the U.S. copyright office). No problem with Cesi who died in 1907.

According to the OPAC of the Italian Library System these works are available in many Italian libraries, so you may get them there if nobody can ulpoad a copy on IMSLP (at least for Cesi).

Max