Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

Amatus2
regular poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Henri Desmarest - De Profundis

Post by Amatus2 »

Hello
Does anyone have the sheet music (Philidor edition/Composer's Manuscript) for Henri Desmarest's work "De Profundis"? It's one of his younger works and goes under a collection of various "Grands Motets" he composed. I have been searching it for ages in order to transcribe it for my chamber music orchestra, as far as I know there exists one Copy by Philidor in the Musical Library of Versailles, but there's sadly no online scan attainable… I'm looking for the complete sheet music with all instruments, as there are many reduced sheets of french printers to Violin I and BC, and reconstructions can often be very laborious and hard (The French wrote mostly in 5 parts)...
There's only one recording of this work, "Le Concert Spirituel" under Hervé Niquet…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEd8gFFft0Y

Also, the composer may be found under Desmarets/Desmaretz…

If anyone finds it I'd be more than grateful if he could upload it here on IMSLP… ;)
Thanks and best regards
coulonnus
active poster

Re: Henri Desmarest - De Profundis

Post by coulonnus »

Amatus2
regular poster

Post by Amatus2 »

Hi
Thanks very much for your reply! And sorry if this has already once been requested ;)
I'm having some difficulties understanding what this site is all about. I guess it's to rent or buy a copy of this sheet? Anyways as soon as I try to go further, it tells me the site is under construction or some sort, maybe I'll have to try another time...

As for now, I can't find out how much they are actually demanding for a copy (and I'm already spending too much money for sheet music); so there isn't a free pdf like the ones found in the Gallica Project from the BnF?

There is the option "Envoyer par courriel", Does that mean they send you a free pdf directly? Maybe you are more familiar with this site since you life in this country... ;)

Thanks and regards
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

Amatus2 wrote: Thanks very much for your reply! And sorry if this has already once been requested ;)
I'm having some difficulties understanding what this site is all about. I guess it's to rent or buy a copy of this sheet? Anyways as soon as I try to go further, it tells me the site is under construction or some sort, maybe I'll have to try another time...
If you visit BNF, Paris, France, the page I pointed out garanties that a librairian will bring the sheet music to your desk if you request it. Apparently there are both a printed and a manuscript forms. Then you can come at the information desk and fill a reproduction request. But you can also order a reproduction by clicking acheter une reproduction on this page of results. I'm not aware of an English version of these pages. And bringing your scanner at BNF is a no-no!
Amatus2 wrote: As for now, I can't find out how much they are actually demanding for a copy (and I'm already spending too much money for sheet music); so there isn't a free pdf like the ones found in the Gallica Project from the BnF?
Oh no, there's nothing free! :-( http://www.bnf.fr/en/collections_and_se ... _fees.html Has a link to other English pages.
Amatus2 wrote:There is the option "Envoyer par courriel", Does that mean they send you a free pdf directly? Maybe you are more familiar with this site since you life in this country... ;)
About 3 weeks after you've paid what they ask you, they send you a email with an URL and a code and you fetch your reproduction in pdf format. Afterwards sometimes they make the score available on Gallica because the scanning job has been done. Hope this helps.
Amatus2
regular poster

Post by Amatus2 »

Thank you very much! and sorry for my late reply…
I'll definitely see into it again if we're planning to do some sacred music in our orchestra hopefully.
If so, I'll upload a new typeset myself here for the rest to enjoy!
Best Regards!
LA