Poulenc piano concerto

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

MalteM
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Poulenc piano concerto

Post by MalteM »

Is there a possibility to get the solo piano part of Poulenc’s concerto for piano and orchestra (FP 146) to IMSLP? (Aubade, Concert champêtre and the double concerto are already there and it would be nice to have a look into that before I buy it.)

Also, does anyone know if one can get the orchestral score somewhere, maybe for sale? I don’t want to rent the complete orchestral material together with the score from Salabert (http://www.durand-salabert-eschig.com/f ... rancis.pdf) because I just wanted to have a look to see whether this is playable for the local youth orchestra and maybe study the score further.
MalteM

Re: Poulenc piano concerto

Post by MalteM »

Oh, I looked only at the “C” section at the Poulenc work list (where the double concerto and the concert champêtre are found), not at the “P” section … So the solo part is there, and also the strings parts but unfortunately no orchestral score.
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer

Re: Poulenc piano concerto

Post by daphnis »

As best as I can tell, the full score was only ever available via rental; there doesn't seem to have been a miniature reduction produced. If you wanted to get your hands on the full score, you could most likely obtain just that via perusal loan from D/S/R. Some nominal fees would likely apply, but not the hundreds that are typical with complete parts rental.