Robert Stolz Frühling in Wien

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

UrbainFlorentJoseph
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Robert Stolz Frühling in Wien

Post by UrbainFlorentJoseph »

Our orchestra is looking desperately for a work by Robert Stolz (Das ist der Frühling in Wien , Opus 300 ?) for salon orchestra.
This work is very hard to find on the market.
Can someone provide us with a copy of the director part (or the salon orchestra parts) of this work, please ?
If not, can you tell us then where we are able to find this ?

Kind regards,
Feduol
forum adept

Re: Robert Stolz Frühling in Wien

Post by Feduol »

Since Stolz died in 1975, his works will be in public domain in Canada (where IMSLP is hosted) only in 2026. However, other users can help you to find this score through libraries or music shops. I couldn't find any source to help you, sorry.
KGill
Copyright Reviewer

Post by KGill »

I have no idea how feasible these would be for your orchestra to obtain, but it appears that DNB has a copy of the score, while there appears to be a set of salon orchestra parts in Schwerin.
Choralia
Site Admin

Post by Choralia »

A set of parts published in 1918 by Karl Brull (Berlin) seems to be available at the Municipal Library of Ala, in Northern Italy:

http://www.worldcat.org/title/fruhling- ... ef_results

I'll be in that area for vacation from June 21 to June 28, 2015, however it will be probably too late for you to get a copy. Maybe you can try to contact the library and get a copy from them. I'm Italian mother tongue, so I'm ready to help if language is a problem.

Max
kalliwoda
active poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by kalliwoda »

This will not be out of copyright for a long time (except for the US, printed 1918). There is another Set of Salonorchester parts at Berlin Staatsbibliothek (D-B), in their scanned card catalog, but I would only be able to scan them, if one of the librarians slips and fails to check the dates of the composer...
I found this more recent entry for Deutsche Nationalbibliothek:
http://d-nb.info/354067494 München, Edition Rex 1977 (Piano direction and 21 parts, price 12 DM - not that expensive!)
There is a new mail-address (from 2010) Edition Rex Musikverlag e.K., Berlin, Anna-Louisa-Karsch-Str. 2, 10178 Berlin, but I could not find an entry with a phone number, so I am not sure, if this company still exists.
You may inquire there by mail about availability / resellers / archive copies - or permission to obtain copies from Deutsche Nationalbibliothek.
UrbainFlorentJoseph

Post by UrbainFlorentJoseph »

kalliwoda wrote:This will not be out of copyright for a long time (except for the US, printed 1918). There is another Set of Salonorchester parts at Berlin Staatsbibliothek (D-B), in their scanned card catalog, but I would only be able to scan them, if one of the librarians slips and fails to check the dates of the composer...
I found this more recent entry for Deutsche Nationalbibliothek:
http://d-nb.info/354067494 München, Edition Rex 1977 (Piano direction and 21 parts, price 12 DM - not that expensive!)
There is a new mail-address (from 2010) Edition Rex Musikverlag e.K., Berlin, Anna-Louisa-Karsch-Str. 2, 10178 Berlin, but I could not find an entry with a phone number, so I am not sure, if this company still exists.
You may inquire there by mail about availability / resellers / archive copies - or permission to obtain copies from Deutsche Nationalbibliothek.
Indeed, I received a copy from Edition Rex Musikverlag in Berlin. They also have other works of Robert Stolz for salonorchestra in their archives.
Thanks for your answer.
Last edited by KGill on Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed quote tag (no other text changed)