Stanford Service in C

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

cky
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Stanford Service in C

Post by cky »

Just find that there is only the 2nd part.

The most famous Te Deum is missing...
Has anyone got the copy?
Also I wonder it should have an orchestral version besides the original organ version.
Eric
active poster

Re: Stanford Service in C

Post by Eric »

Hrm. Does Dibble's book or one of the other recent books on Stanford have anything to say on that subject?
Maybe someone got confused since the various parts of the work - "The Morning, Communion and Evening Service, set to music in the key of C" - were sold separately, it seems (in 4 or more parts)... (though the Te Deum is No.1 of the set. See eg Worldcat.)
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

I'm guessing, though, that the Op.115 one is with organ, while the Op.66 Te Deum and some of the others are with full orchestra. Not sure, though.
dmitterd
regular poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by dmitterd »

Eric wrote:I'm guessing, though, that the Op.115 one is with organ, while the Op.66 Te Deum and some of the others are with full orchestra. Not sure, though.
Correct, however Stanford also orchestrated the Evening Service (and possibly other parts?) of Op. 115. This, along with the orchestral versions of Evening Services in A, G and B-flat have recently been edited and republished by OUP, but are only available for hire.

Incidentally, there are two entries for Op. 115 in the Stanford works list; can someone merge the two? I believe the correct one should be http://imslp.org/wiki/Morning,_Evening_ ... _Villiers)

cheers,
Daniel