PDF to Sibelius

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

harpsi
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

PDF to Sibelius

Post by harpsi »

Hi,

Is it possible for someone to convert this pdf file in a sibelius document, so that I can make some changes to it? I have photoscore and sibelius, but for some reason I can not do it. :twisted: That´s the violins part of Monteverdi´s Magnificat Primo from Selva morale e spirituale. I need to make a part with some improvisation which means I need the whole score written out, but to write it again from the scratch with all those "old" symbols would take a lot of time...

Many thanks.

harpsi
Attachments
8A - Magnificat Primo, a 8 con 2 violini - SV281 (violinos I e II).rar
(109.15 KiB) Downloaded 290 times
Choralia
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: PDF to Sibelius

Post by Choralia »

Photoscore gets puzzled with this score because barlines are present outside the staves rather than inside. You'll have to add them inside the staves manually, either on the score or within Photoscore.

PdftoMusic Pro may be an alternative to Photoscore in the case of "vector" pdf files like this one (it doesn't work on "raster" pdf files instead, such as scans). It is able to automatically add the missing barlines. It can output the score in MusicXML format, which can be imported into Sibelius then.

However, as this edition is from CPDL, the fastest path is probably to download the MIDI file from CPDL:

http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/Magn ... teverdi%29

then import it into Sibelius, and edit it.

Max