Re: Special request to "Kalliwoda", asking for scores to make braille transcription

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

hhpmusic
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Special request to "Kalliwoda", asking for scores to make braille transcription

Post by hhpmusic »

Hello,
Since I'm not very active in this forum, I'm not allowed to post private messages. So I have to ask for help here.

Dear Kalliwoda, I just found you typeset the complete Falla's opera La vida breve, and I found it's perhaps in Finale, Sibelius or Musescore format, but converted into pdf file. I'm a blind musician and braille music transcriber, and am running a project (http://www.brailleorch.org) in which I use my special ability to transcribe large scaled orchestral and stage works into braille. I can only use FInale, Sibelius and Musescore sources, and I'm very interested in this Falla opera. Could you please contact me privately to send the source files (including the front pages) for me to make a braille transcription? I'm making several "first" now, because I can do transcriptions other sighted transcribers can't do. I'm now working with living composers and music publishers to produce braille editions of their scores on my site for blind musicians to read free of charge, since braille is not covered by copyright, and I don't make money from this project. Could you please help me? Thank you in advance!
If it's convenient, you can send the file here, or if you feel private way is good for you, please send me at hhpcomposer (at) gmail.com.

Regards
Haipeng

P.S.: I just found the original editor is Alan 850627, but I can't found any contact. Does anyone have contact to him? Thank you in advance!
Last edited by Choralia on Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Restored and merged a previous post, disapproved by mistake