Muzio Clementi Symphonies 1-4 WoO 34, 35

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

synergy543
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Muzio Clementi Symphonies 1-4 WoO 34, 35

Post by synergy543 »

There are two early Clementi Symphonies in the IMSLP archives. However, these are not the ones typically played and recorded which are his later Symphonies 1-4 in WoO 34, and 35. These later symphonies are recorded on several labels and posted on youtube yet I cannot find the scores available for purchase anywhere. Library copies must exist somewhere (as they have been recorded) so I hope these could also be posted on IMSLP as they seem historically significant. Any idea where a copy of these scores might be found?
Eric
active poster

Re: Muzio Clementi Symphonies 1-4 WoO 34, 35

Post by Eric »

AFAIK not in any public domain editions. I've read some interesting articles etc about the virtues and failings of the competing editions of these works but they are based off of manuscripts- and not the cleanest ones.
cheap imitation
regular poster

Post by cheap imitation »

Garland's facsimile of the manuscript of WoO 33 should be public domain but, as with many volumes in their The Symphony edition, I have no idea whether the facsimile would be readable or useful.

As for non-public domain editions and where to purchase them: WoO 32 & 35 here, to start with.
TheGrassGuy
regular poster

Post by TheGrassGuy »

Published too late, sorry.