First edition Haydn symphony parts

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

Eric
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

First edition Haydn symphony parts

Post by Eric »

A lot of Haydn symphony pages still have only the Haydn100x7 Doblinger critical editions published a few years before I was born (with the practical effect btw for those who want to listen using NML that these works are considered in copyright in the US for those purposes.) However, most if not all of his 104 "standard symphonies" were published in parts sometime by 1811 and probably in the late 18th century (the former in a subscription series by Simrock, and sometimes- a lot of these too - as Periodical Symphonies by Sieber- possibly most to all of them this way. I don't know offhand if any of the 104 _weren't_ published by 1811, but I suspect now I think on it that Hoboken's book probably has first publication information for most of them.) It might be good - for several reasons; I asked about this 4-5 years ago, I think - to try to find both the first edition parts and the first edition (Breitkopf, with several individual publications that began sometime around 1893 with La reine (HMB 1893, p.74) and then got a new start in a series edited by Mandyczewski in 1907 (Symphonien Band I ... ) scores and upload them...