Czerny instructional works

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

Borealis
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Czerny instructional works

Post by Borealis »

Hello, I'm a newcomer to this site, and I've got an itch for some rare Czerny publications. Specifically, English versions of his Op. 500 (Complete Theoretical and Practical Pianoforte School, including the supplement) and 584 (Pianoforte Primer, an easy Instruction book). I've found a copy of 584, but German isn't even my twelfth language, so it's pretty much gibberish to me. I can't even find 500 in the Library of Congress or the Metro Toronto Reference Library catalogues, which suggests that it's really hard to find. So I thought I'd drop a request here and see what happens.
An amateur practices until he gets it right; a professional practices until he can't get it wrong.
codeacon
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Czerny instructional works

Post by codeacon »

I have a German copy that I'm trying to get google-translate to translate for me. No success yet, but if I get it, I'll let you know.
steltz
active poster

Post by steltz »

Google translate will give you a bad translation. Since we don't even have the original here, please could you scan and upload without translating? Thank you.
bsteltz
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/ will give you another "bad" translation, but perhaps not exactly with the same "badness" as the Google translation :lol: So perhaps with a clever recontruction based on both translations you will obtain something contructive.

If just one or two paragraphs are a mystery for you I will be happy to translate them but I can't spam this Topic with translations of the whole book. :)
codeacon

Post by codeacon »

Here it is. The uploader doesn't like pdf for some reason, but it is inside the zip file.

Good luck.
Attachments
czerny_op500_text.zip
(867.4 KiB) Downloaded 324 times
Caprotti
regular poster

Post by Caprotti »

Internet Archive uploaded a digitized copy of the english version