MIT Project: submission of 14,000 scores

Messages from and Discussions about IMSLP

Moderator: kcleung

emeraldimp
active poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by emeraldimp »

Echoing goldberg, if anyone wishes to take over T, feel free. I'm in the middle of a move right now.
scottorr
forum adept

Post by scottorr »

If the people who have posted interest before me for some reason do not anymore, I have quite a bit of free time to do letters A and T.
Peter
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by Peter »

actually, I think it's a bit of a relief for the administrators if the tempo is somewhat slowed down. we have more work correcting new users. one of the requirements (see first message in this thread) is to have a significant number of successful contributions to prove that you have read the guidelines.
horndude77
active poster

Post by horndude77 »

I haven't worked on the c's in a while, so if someone has time to start the c's from the bottom it would help out. Sorry about this. I hope to get a bit done this weekend.
horn_0079110

Post by horn_0079110 »

Can I know how are these(what u all have discussed about) work? I am still very confused about it and I hope to join u guys.
Indra

I couldn’t access internet yesterday

Post by Indra »

I couldn’t access internet yesterday please count with me too..
MrPianoMan80

How can I help?

Post by MrPianoMan80 »

Hi there,

My name is James Petridis and I am 27 years old. I am a secondary school Music teacher in Melbourne, Australia. When I first discovered IMSLP I was amazed and truely grateful that such a site existed. I found it extremely useful for me and my students.

I spent hours today reading about what happended and why the site was shut down and I am devastated at what has happended. I have registered and become a member and after reading your vision, I was inspired and now feel that this vision is now a part of me also.

I acknowledge that I did not make any effort to become a member earlier and to also contribute scores. However, after reading about how this has affected many. many music lovers around the world, I was very upset that it had to come to this. I would be honoured if you accepted any help that I can give. I read about the new project that involves thousands of scores from a professor and I will to devote as much time as I have to help you achieve this vision. I am not entirely sure what your plans are or what you need done but you could let me know if you choose to accept. Also, my computer skills are quite good but again, I am not sure what you require.

I also have about 300 piano concertos in my own PDF library and some other solo piano works. I am not sure if this is of any help but I will gladly pass them on should you like them. Please let me know if there is anything I can do.

James Petridis
Melbourne, Australia
Piano Lover
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

To all MIT Archive Project Members: if anyone is interested to sort some scores in IMSLP's downtime, you'll find Google's cache with the introductory page here and he list of finished composers here. I'll harvest and sort the copyright of the second part of S, so that everything is ready to submit when IMSLP rises again!
Jabber

Post by Jabber »

I would like to help, but I really don't have a clue what is needed. :(
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

Jabber wrote:I would like to help, but I really don't have a clue what is needed. :(
only former project members, sorry. you need to know how IMSLP worked before.
Jabber

Post by Jabber »

Alrighty! Maybe in the future I can contribute and help out. :D
geekopedia

Post by geekopedia »

Please please please ... count me in.
Yagan Kiely
Site Admin

Post by Yagan Kiely »

The Project was almost completed (if memory serves it's purpose) and as you have joined after IMSLP closed, the project would be more efficient with members who have extensive knowledge of the submission process.

Sorry.

(Someone may contradict me however)
Peter
Site Admin

Post by Peter »

geekopedia wrote:Please please please ... count me in.
Read first message in this topic thoroughly.
ashujaku

url

Post by ashujaku »

Please send me the url too. I am anxious about this