Korngold's Piano Concerto for the left hand Op. 17

Specific copyright information. If you're not sure if you can upload your score, ask it here first

Moderators: kcleung, Copyright Reviewers

bysshe

Korngold's Piano Concerto for the left hand Op. 17

Post by bysshe »

Does anyone know if this work is PD? It was composed in 1923, first performed in 1924, but I can't figure out when it was originally published. Schott has performance materials on hire, but doesn't list its publication date on its webpage.
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by daphnis »

The full score was published in 1926 according to their catalogue, so it's not PD in the US but will be PD in Canada on the first of next year. BTW, I don't see there ever was a reduction for 2 pianos created of this.
goldberg988
forum adept
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by goldberg988 »

My No.1 most wanted score. It's extremely rare, there are very few copies, but I'm working on it :wink:
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by daphnis »

Do you know if there ever was a reduction for this concerto?
bysshe

Post by bysshe »

goldberg988, you might be curious to know that the Minneapolis Public Library and the Newberry Library (Chicago) have copies of the score (at least according to WorldCat). I think also a library in Edinburgh Scotland has it, if memory serves -- I did a WorldCat search of it years ago and saw a third library with the score, but currently only and two USA libraries show up in my WorldCat search today.
goldberg988
forum adept
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by goldberg988 »

Indeed, but both are non-circulating. The Library of Congress also has a copy. I would have to go and actually photocopy it on site, if they would even allow me.

To my knowledge a reduction was never published. Given the rarity of the score it seems highly unlikely. Maybe if I get my hands on a score, however...
matthew
forum adept

Post by matthew »

bysshe wrote:I think also a library in Edinburgh Scotland has it, if memory serves.
I *may* be able to get my hands on this if someone can confirm the details and i can find a bit of time at some point.