Actions and less words

Messages from and Discussions about IMSLP

Moderator: kcleung

Indra

Actions and less words

Post by Indra »

We need to organize, call for a general supporting fee and help clean the site of UE request authors,.. meanwhile...

I see as the only and effective way to preserve IMSLP...
Funper
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by Funper »

I am giving away 50$. just give me an international bank account and they will be comming.
Matthieu
Copyright Reviewer

Post by Matthieu »

We need to organize, call for a general supporting fee and help clean the site of UE request authors,.. meanwhile...

I see as the only and effective way to preserve IMSLP...
Cleaning the site of UE request authors is just a 15 min job. The problem is not there !
Pease read, Feldmahler's letter !
The problem is that IMSLP, in the way it existed, cannot resist to any juridic pressure, rightfull or not. And again, it's not only a money question !
Indra

First step

Post by Indra »

First, we need to list the users who agree the supporting fee to help Feldmahler and other list of people who compromise to help clean or investigate for copyright issues of the requested authors by UE

And so on....
Vivaldi
active poster

Post by Vivaldi »

Although I only recently joined the forums, I'm taking this personally. We may need to talk things over and strategize.
By the way, how much are the legal fees? We need to know so we can start to plan things. Although some of us live on the other side of the world in relation to IMSLP's physical server, I'm sure we can contribute somehow eg. Paypal, money order, cheque, credit card etc.
Funper
Copyright Reviewer

Post by Funper »

there won't be any legal fees. ue will drop this thing because it is darn ridicules. the only problem now is that feld can't handle this all by himself and he need our support.
Vivaldi
active poster

Post by Vivaldi »

Then my support he shall have! I will do all I can within my means to help him, though I'm not a shrink :)
Indra

Then!!

Post by Indra »

Then,.....How we can support Feldmahler?
Vivaldi
active poster

Post by Vivaldi »

I apologize, this is no time for jokes. How do we support him further? The way I see it, what he critically needs now is moral and financial support.
Funper
Copyright Reviewer

Post by Funper »

money and spiritual support :lol: , but mostly by donating money.
Vivaldi
active poster

Post by Vivaldi »

Then somebody has to stand up and be counted (Are you listening Feldmahler?). Initiate some sort of fund or account so we can help. You don't know what it feels like to see IMSLP like your own kid being strangled and hung out to dry while you're helpless and can't do anything about it.
Kalli
forum adept

Post by Kalli »

I think, the first step is not the money. Feldmahler has to decide, if he want's to run the server in the future. The next question must be about the problematic files (< 50 years, < 70 years). Should they be deleted or is it better to install a special system, which controls the IP? After that, we could collect some money to aid Feldmahler.

Perhaps it will be no mistake to conatct a lawyer, who is well versed in copyright.
Vivaldi
active poster

Post by Vivaldi »

Isn't Carolus well versed in this copyright mumbo-jumbo?
Peter
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by Peter »

As you can read in the original threads, lawyers are contacted.
Yagan Kiely
Site Admin

Post by Yagan Kiely »

You don't know what it feels like to see IMSLP like your own kid being strangled and hung out to dry while you're helpless and can't do anything about it.
Yes I do know what it's like. I've had 2 hours sleep tonight because of it. When IMSLP went into down time to fixing, I half knew it wouldn't be back up any time soon...
Deliberations and discussions are being held for various reasons and with various people/organisations regarding the future of IMSLP, I apologise for closing this thread, which under normal circumstances would be a legitimate thread. However, the current status of IMSLP is not normal, and is quite frankly slightly unstable. It is because of this I need to close all threads with a similar topic as to stop the forum from flooding in such times.

Apologies again,
AW7