Response to Support

Messages from and Discussions about IMSLP

Moderator: kcleung

imslp
Site Admin

Response to Support

Post by imslp »

I've just woken up from what is fortunately a better night of sleep than I have had in the last week.

I was very touched to see the amount of support that IMSLP contributors and users are offering; it further solidifies my determination that the vision of IMSLP is not wrong, and that it needs to continue.

I have had intimate contact with another IMSLP contributor, for whose support in this matter I cannot thank enough. As a result, we are currently undergoing negotiations with various organizations in the interest of continuing IMSLP in some form.

The most important thing at the moment, and for which I would be very grateful for help, is to interest larger organizations in continuing or supporting IMSLP. Monetary concerns are minimal; however, support from large organizations is essential. Here I would like to thank the large amount of libraries and educational institutions who have offered support; I will respond as soon as possible.

Again, I greatly thank you all for all the support that you have shown towards IMSLP and me; it really means a great amount to me.

What is public domain will be free.
Leonard Vertighel
Groundskeeper

Post by Leonard Vertighel »

Standing ovations.
Peter
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by Peter »

Our beloved Feldmahler is back, strong as ever.
Funper
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by Funper »

NOT WITHOUT THE FELD, GIVE US THE FELD!
samthegreat
regular poster

-

Post by samthegreat »

I seriously was going to say, "just give me an address to send a check to". You have no idea how much money I have saved by using this site - indeed, I believe that the imslp is the main reason my career has been progressing so well the past few months - i have never been able to afford the music I need.

That's all just short term anyway...the vision and purpose of this site is way more important in the grand scheme of things. Anyway, even if all this unwanted attention from greedy publishers will prevent (worst-case-scenario) more scores being shared, I just hope that the thousands that WERE available just don't disappear. Is there going to be a site dump?
Indra

Better a Net of Big organizations

Post by Indra »

It will be better if the support to the IMSLP can be done by several organizations.

Reducing risks of failure or dissapear...as Diversifying inversions portfolios.

Thanks Feldmahler for your project ... It must go on inspiring the humankind spirit..
Yagan Kiely
Site Admin

Post by Yagan Kiely »

One important thing I would like to stress, is that the organisation, if (when) found should as much possible be Canadian, for then countries with 50+ can still have music that is legal to them. IP banning will have to be the option.
Vivaldi
active poster

Post by Vivaldi »

As the Terminator said:" I (Feldmahler) am back!!!"
Good to hear that he's up and running.

ArticWind7, would it be difficult to enforce Internet Protocol banning? From what I hear, a little tweaking here and there and it is easily circumnavigated. Heck, somebody can make you take the fall.
Yagan Kiely
Site Admin

Post by Yagan Kiely »

True, and it has been mentioned many times, but IP banning is what UE suggested, and it would suppress a fair few people from accessing the EU (c) files, just not the determined ones.
Vivaldi
active poster

Post by Vivaldi »

I see your point. If anything, if there are still people from the EU downloading the files, we can shrug our shoulders and say to UE "what do you expect? We've implemented what you want us to do and it's not our fault people from the EU still download them". If they have a better idea, by all means, let us know.