Debussy: Tarentelle Styrienne and Marche Ecossaise

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

Matthieu
Copyright Reviewer

Debussy: Tarentelle Styrienne and Marche Ecossaise

Post by Matthieu »

I am looking for the orchestral parts of two orchestral pieces by Debussy, that could be great additions to the library :
- Marche Ecossaise (composed in 1890 for piano, orchestrated by Debussy 1893-1908) first edited by Fromont (1911) and later reprinted by Jobert.
- Tarantelle Styrienne (composed in 1890 for piano, orchestrated by Ravel in 1923) edited by Jobert in 1923.

Parts of the Marche Ecossaise (reprints) are sold by Kalmus, but the case of Tarentelle Styrienne seems more tricky.

Any idea ?
Carolus
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Debussy: Tarentelle Styrienne and Marche Ecossaise

Post by Carolus »

Ravel's orchestration of the Tarantelle is still under copyright in the USA, until 2019.
steltz
active poster

Post by steltz »

Could it go on the new Canadian server?
bsteltz
Matthieu
Copyright Reviewer

Post by Matthieu »

To my knowledge, the tarentelle (orch. by Ravel) is only available available through rental from Jobert (Lemoine in fact). Since it is not PD in France, the chance to see it on IMSLP is quite small in the near future ...
Carolus
Site Admin

Post by Carolus »

Yes, it could go on the Canada (only) and the EU server both. Jobert at one time had the parts on sale - I saw a set in a music shop years ago, yellowed with age. Not at all easy to find but there are probably some sets lurking about.