IMSLP website(s) not working for me?

Moderator: kcleung

happyguyxlii
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

IMSLP website(s) not working for me?

Post by happyguyxlii »

I'm using the IMSLP, Petruccimusiclibrary, and Petruccilibrary links and my browser fails to connect. This has been going on for the past hour or so. I'm living on the east coast of the US if that helps. Thank you.
Hobbypianist
Copyright Reviewer

Re: IMSLP website(s) not working for me?

Post by Hobbypianist »

....Same for me. I've been trying to connect for more than an hour without success. What's wrong with the site, is there a maintenance going on or is it just overloaded?
happyguyxlii

Post by happyguyxlii »

Problem solved.
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

Down again, and according to PING*-simulating sites, it's not just me, I gather. Well... luck? :(

*not, not, I say, not an opera reference.
Hobbypianist
Copyright Reviewer

Post by Hobbypianist »

yep, no connection. seems to be down again... :?
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

According to the banner at the bottom of IE, imslp responds very, very slowly. How does imslp react if 100,000,000 users want to access it? Is the speed divided by 100,000,000 or do the first 10,000 users obtain a decent speed and the other users are blocked?
m.kowalski49
active poster

Post by m.kowalski49 »

What a bummer I was just going to upload some Verdi Opera parts.. Oh well they can wait, after I got through pdf'ing them through the copy machine I noticed that some of the parts for Nabucco don't have ACT 4 at the end of the xerox parts I got from the music library.. So I have to now locate original parts and xerox those or find those that have ACT 4 at the end.. and start ALL OVER AGAIN!!! ah carumba..

mk.49
Feduol
forum adept

Post by Feduol »

Dears, recently on twitter of IMSLP: "Apologies all for the recent downtime. If anyone knows of a good quality and decent priced Canadian dedicated server host, drop me a note." (29 out). Is there some connection with this problem?
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

Is it down right now (PING) gives site down as of about 9:05 a.m. EST -- or so. Hopefully back up soon, of course!
Last edited by Eric on Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: adjusting time for accuracy- 9:05 as of now. ca., of course. ("~ 2h 41 m"; it's now 11:46 a.m.)
Choralia
Site Admin

Post by Choralia »

These forums will also collapse soon, with so many users looking for news about the current outage! :shock:

Please follow this link for updated information.

The IMSLP regional servers are up and running. The European server is also autonomously searchable, although the available search functions are definitely basic.

Max
Irishmaestro
forum adept
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by Irishmaestro »

There's a minor incident happening on Facebook at the moment, actually. Somehow, Feldmahler's original letter from 2007 is being shared as current, with the expected ensuing of panic and lamentation. How very odd. :shock:
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

Hrm. Where's "Wikidot" and who on Facebook is causing this ruckus? This is not the first time something like this has happened, of course/obviously (eep, I recall something somewhat like it happening to me personally, but that's neither here nor there.)
Irishmaestro
forum adept

Post by Irishmaestro »

Eric wrote:Hrm. Where's "Wikidot" and who on Facebook is causing this ruckus?
I really don't know who originated it. A good few of my friends shared it (as did I at first), before it became evident that the letter was from six (!!) years ago! I think people saw the site was down, someone stumbled across Feldmahler's letter and shared it without seeing the date it was posted.
vinteuil
Groundskeeper

Post by vinteuil »

I think the "edit" date might have confused some people. Interestingly, my attempts to send emails to Edward have bounced, so it must be some major server issue (maybe we're seeing mirror servers when the website goes up?)
Formerly known as "perlnerd666"
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

Apologies all for the recent downtime. The main server had suddenly become unstable for some reason over the past few weeks. As I mentioned in a Twitter post, we are going to move servers very soon.