Happy first birthday!

Messages from and Discussions about IMSLP

Moderator: kcleung

imslp
Site Admin

Happy first birthday!

Post by imslp »

Today is the first anniversary since IMSLP came online :) I want to give a big thanks to all the IMSLP contributors who helped to make IMSLP as large as it is! My original goal was to have 3000 files by today, but this goal has been widely surpassed; currently there are more than 3600 files, a great number for only one year :D

Even though we are by far the youngest site among the few music score sites out there, we are already one of the largest, which means we have achieved within one year what other sites had taken 5 or 6 years to achieve. And this is thanks to the many IMSLP contributors out there :)

As sort of a present (albeit a small one), I've written some code which will show the number of IMSLP submissions downloaded per day :) The results can be found here. Pretty impressive I'd say; in comparison, Sibley gets around 19000 downloads per half month, while IMSLP gets almost 10000 per day. :)
Leonard Vertighel
Groundskeeper

Post by Leonard Vertighel »

imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

Hehehe... nice :)
Carolus
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by Carolus »

It is a happy first birthday indeed! Congratulations to everyone for making IMSLP an absolute must-visit site for anyone interested in downloadable notated music. In the short space of a year, IMSLP has 2000 titles and over 3700 files. Special congratulations also to Feldmahler for having the idea to start this project to begin with.

As my spare time permits, I certainly plan to continue to upload intersting and unique scores as they become available.
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

Thank you! But I also have to thank you for all the information and submissions! You've increased the overall quality of IMSLP greatly :)
emeraldimp
active poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by emeraldimp »

Well, since we now have stats on downloads, I thought I'd make up some graphs. And here they are:

imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

Nice! :) Does quite accurately reflect the growth rate (around 33% per month).
Funper
Copyright Reviewer

Post by Funper »

I guess I am a little late with my present:

http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internatio ... ry_Project

but better late than never.
Yagan Kiely
Site Admin