IMSLP v0.2

Messages from and Discussions about IMSLP

Moderator: kcleung

imslp
Site Admin

IMSLP v0.2

Post by imslp »

I added a few features yesterday, and since everyone likes version numbers, I thought I'd give IMSLP some too ;)

Also, I'll be listing the changes in this forum so that people can see what is new and great, and actually use it :)

Changelog:
  1. Added a recent additions list special page for non-admins.
  2. Added a "lastrevid" parser function, so as to make translation coordination much more painless. The template that uses this function is here and awaiting usage :)
  3. Added "Picture", "Picture Caption" and "List Pages" functionality to the composer template. A default picture caption will be generated if "Picture Caption" is not provided. Example of Picture usage here. "List Pages" takes a normal wiki formatted list of linked pages (basically just what was previously in the "body" section of the box).
  4. Fixed internationalization of the Add Work special page so that it actually works. Will add the pending Greek translations in the next update.
  5. Various small bug fixes.
And a word about requesting features: please start a thread in the "Feature Requests/Bugs" forum if you want a feature... I'm rather prone to forgetfulness, so even if you have told me before somewhere I may forget... ^_^;; So don't hesitate to start a thread even if you have already notified me about the feature/bug.
Leonard Vertighel
Groundskeeper

Post by Leonard Vertighel »

Great work, sounds all very interesting! Just one question concerning the "lastrevid": it sounds like every minor correction (spelling etc.) will cause all translations to be marked as outdated - is there some way to avoid this?
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

I can actually make it so that translations are only outdated when there is a major edit (minor edits don't register). I probably can push it into the next update. Just in case I forget though, maybe you can start a thread in the feature requests section of the forums?

Nice job noticing this :)

P.S. I may also be able to do it via page size differences (once the wiki gets upgraded in a few weeks), but that'd be somewhat less accurate, though it would work around times when people don't use the "minor edit" flag to correct minor errors.

P.S.(2) By the way, I wanted to ask you if it would be possible for you to modify your bot to convert the composer pages and make use of the new "Picture" and "List Pages" functionality of the composer template? Its not urgent, but would be nice if possible. :)