Problem getting email address confirmed.

Moderator: kcleung

tfp0674
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Problem getting email address confirmed.

Post by tfp0674 »

I want to modify my IMSLP user preferences so I can received email notifications from IMSLP.ORG. However, my email has not been confirmed.

IMSLP thinks it has sent confirmation messages to my email address. However, I have received none. I have a comcast.net email address.

Suggestions?
Tom
NLewis
active poster

Re: Problem getting email address confirmed.

Post by NLewis »

Is it possible that you may have typed the wrong email address for confirmation? That would explain why IMSLP says that it did send the email, but you didn't receive it.
tfp0674

Post by tfp0674 »

NLewis wrote:Is it possible that you may have typed the wrong email address for confirmation? That would explain why IMSLP says that it did send the email, but you didn't receive it.
Thanks for trying to help, but I don't think so. I've gone into my IMSLP preferences page and copied my email address to the clipboard, and then pasted it into my email client and sent a test message to myself. The message arrives immediately. This is evidence that IMSLP has my correct email address. I suppose that Comcast may be blocking email from the IMSLP.ORG domain. Has anything like that occurred before?
vinteuil
Groundskeeper
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by vinteuil »

Not to my knowledge—we are not a source for pirated files, after all.
Formerly known as "perlnerd666"
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer

Post by daphnis »

Often ISPs that also offer mail service often have their own SPAM filters either in-house or outsourced to other companies. I would highly recommend that you not use Comcast's or any other ISP-specific email and go with something like Gmail. That way, if you decide to cancel your service at any point in the future, your email won't evaporate, and also you'll have control over what you receive and can check the various mailboxes to ensure email is being delivered to the correct location.
tfp0674

Post by tfp0674 »

I told IMSLP my Yahoo email address and now everything seems to work okay.

Thanks for your help.