Worklist and Publisherpage Wishlist, etc.

Moderator: kcleung

Eric
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Worklist and Publisherpage Wishlist, etc.

Post by Eric »

There are at least two sorts of metapages - Composer Composition Pages and Publisher Pages - that are presently created, as far as I know, when people see the need. I see no need to change this fact (another topic I have been thinking about has involved discussing loose community guidelines - emphasis on... - separately for each of these page types but that's a different topic ) . Especially after a brief conversation in the scores thread, I am interested in whether there is interest in working on pages for particular composers and particular publishers (in both cases, either without pages or, with pages but pages need filling, work, etc. to be useful for other purposes.) I can think of many want-tos but prioritization and community involvement seems key. (I am making the assumption that this topic is placed in the correct subforum and - etc. Putting ideas out there, hoping they are comprehensible and understood, will attempt to edit as needed ... &c.)

Cheers!

Note: very low priority workpages would for me include any that already exist as a book in print - e.g. Ferdinand Ries has already been "done" by Hill. (While his book has been published recently, I think that the names and opus numbers of the works can be used without violating copyright law, as a Canadian friend who wrote a similar book on another composer reminded me- reference material fair-use exception to copyright law ? I'm too sleepy - need to be careful not to exceed the bounds of that exception as it applies in various regions, of course. If I'm remembering right in the first place. That is, the Ries page should certainly be done - the local library at the university here even has a copy of Hill... - by low priority I mean putting the effort into doing the worklist the other way (HMB/AMZ/Pazdirek/other resources) which is wasted effort when there's already a mostly-good resource like Hill for Ries, Water for ... ok, stop that.)