O Would I Were a Boy Again

Reports of various issues on work pages.

Moderators: vinteuil, Leonard Vertighel, Lyle Neff, Wiki Admins

rah9639
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

O Would I Were a Boy Again

Post by rah9639 »

I tried to add "O Would I Were a Boy Again" to the Frank Romer page, but the system glitched and never completed adding the score.

Now there's a title on the page, but it's not linked to anything.
cypressdome
active poster

Re: O Would I Were a Boy Again

Post by cypressdome »

It doesn't appear that the file got uploaded at all. The only suggestion I can make is to try uploading it through the work page again.

Cypressdome
rah9639

Post by rah9639 »

I tried reloading it again and got the following error message:

Set $wgShowExceptionDetails = true; at the bottom of LocalSettings.php to show detailed debugging information.
cypressdome
active poster

Post by cypressdome »

Odd error. I just uploaded a test pdf file to that page and it was added with no problem (I've since removed it) so it wouldn't seem to be a problem with the page. I would suggest you try uploading a different file to another work page to see if you get the same/similar error. You could also try using a different web browser to eliminate that as a possibility.

Cypressdome
rah9639

Post by rah9639 »

No joy. I tried adding adding another score and got the same error. I tried using Chrome and got the same error.
cypressdome
active poster

Post by cypressdome »

I'm sort of at a loss here. I've now added files to the page as both normal scans and as typesets with no problem. During your upload process did it get as far as the signature page for the CC license? I cannot imagine that the PDF is the cause of the problem but just to eliminate that perhaps you could email it to me or post it via something like Mediafire so that I could try uploading it to the page. Beyond that we will probably have to see about getting Feldmahler to look into this.

Cypressdome
my email is just my username above plus "at" bellsouth.net
rah9639

Post by rah9639 »

I tried updating a different composer, Stephen Foster, and I got a message that I need to confirm my email address, but it's also telling me it sent me an email already which I need to confirm it, but I don't remember getting it.
cypressdome
active poster

Post by cypressdome »

Bingo! That has to be the issue. I noticed that Feldmahler initiated a policy that would have gone into effect around April 14th or 15th that requires users to be verified before they can make any page edits. I myself wasn't a verified user because every time I tried I would never get the confirmation email at my Bellsouth address and Bellsouth has no online tools that would give me the control to allow the email through. No doubt the problem is that the email address on the confirmation notice shows up as apache@localhost. I would imagine a great many ISPs would block email from such an address. I had to temporarily change my email address for IMSLP to a Yahoo email account I have and then I was able to receive the confirmation notice and get verified. I guess on your end you have two options: try switching your IMSLP email to something like a Yahoo or Gmail account or see if their is some way to prevent the provider of your current email from filtering/blocking email at least temporarily. In the meantime I'm going to submit this issue as a bug since there are bound to be others users, current and future, that are going to run into this issue.

Cypressdome
rah9639

Post by rah9639 »

I tried my msn.com account and nothing happened. I'm not sure it's even trying to send an email anymore.
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

Very sorry about this. The change was implemented to prevent spammers but I think it may not be necessary. I will remove the e-mail requirement and also change the e-mail address where it is sent from.
keehun

Post by keehun »

Dear IMSLP,

Has this issue been resolved? The team of us at the Vanderbilt Music Library is having the exact same trouble uploading scores on the Wishlist.

Our account name is Anne_Potter_Wilson_Music_Library.

Thank you!
keehun
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

Sorry about that keehun. This was fixed last night.
rah9639

Post by rah9639 »

I can upload files now, but there is still a problem with the existing score. When I tried to upload "O Would I Were a Boy Again" and " Oh Wilt Thou Be My Bride Kathleen", the system glitched and created an entry but did not associate a file with it. I don't know how to solve this, except to delete the entry and start over.
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

The entry looks fine to me? If you are talking about the block, a copyright reviewer has to approve the file before it can be downloaded by other users.
rah9639

Post by rah9639 »

OK, It's good now. I uploaded the sheet music just fine. Thanks for your help.