Selections headers

Reports of various issues on work pages.

Moderators: vinteuil, Leonard Vertighel, Lyle Neff, Wiki Admins

steltz
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Selections headers

Post by steltz »

I have added a "Selections" header to Verdi's Nabucco page:

http://imslp.org/wiki/Nabucco_(Verdi,_Giuseppe)

and it correctly now has a separate tab for selections as opposed to full scores.

However, the parts can also be divided into full parts and parts for selections. Is it correct that there is no second selections tab for these? On most pages it won't matter at all, but on a page with so many orchestral parts (22 per overture/aria/chorus), there are already 45 parts, which could eventually result in endless scrolling down . . .
bsteltz
Carolus
Site Admin

Re: Selections headers

Post by Carolus »

I think Selections was meant to be a level 4 header, not an actual tab. At least that is the way almost everything is set up as. The selections in the case you cite are full scores, but not of the entire opera. I appear to have remembered it correctly. If "Selections" (actually used only when there are multiple excerpts - which is more common beneath the Arrangements and Transcriptions tab) were moved up to tab level, we'd have to either combine things from the 3-4 major tab categories or have multiple selections tabs.
steltz
active poster

Re: Selections headers

Post by steltz »

Carolus wrote:I think Selections was meant to be a level 4 header, not an actual tab.
The funny thing is that I didn't intend for it to be a tab. I made it a level 4 header, and when I saved the page, it came out as a tab, so I assumed that level 4 becomes a tab automatically. I may have inadvertently done something else, though. In any case, the page has been put back, so it probably doesn't matter.
bsteltz