Vivaldi's Motet "Nulla in mundo pax sincera" RV630

Moderators: daphnis, kcleung

alldoby
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Vivaldi's Motet "Nulla in mundo pax sincera" RV630

Post by alldoby »

Looking for Vivaldi's Motet "Nulla in mundo pax sincera" RV630
Anybody knows where to download the score? Thanks!
Last edited by alldoby on Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Philidor
Groundskeeper

Re: Vivaldi's Motet "Nulla in mundo pax sincera" RV630

Post by Philidor »

I don't know where to legally download the score, but here's the famous Kirkby/Hogwood recording:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7YdZuFTjpo
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

Not one of the new discoveries (e.g. the motet RV 811) which would really be a problem- and yet...

Unfortunately, Internet Culturale - which does still allow individual downloading or somesuch (maybe not) I think even if it frowns on uploading to IMSLP - doesn't seem to have a copy anyway... (of the score. They list Paisiello's setting of the same text, and several recordings of the Vivaldi motet, but not the Vivaldi score or parts.) A Worldcat search ("vivaldi sincera") doesn't even reveal a published score before 1968, apparently, except for maybe one- not good for copyright issues... (fortunately, Worldcat doesn't "get" everything, and also it depends on one's search terms... if it was published but in a different language and not translated into the manuscript Italian until 1968, that's different. That does happen, if maybe not often; the LoC scans contain some English translations that oddly happen to be premiere publications, I think. Anyway. I digress, I do.) (I had hopes, but Michael Talbot's notes, downloadable in PDF form from their site, to the 1996 Hyperion recording of this work say little about its dates, provenance, publication, etc.- maybe little if anything more is known.)

Actually, Landon's "Vivaldi: Voice of the Baroque" (1996) is more helpful here - "Autograph in Turin. Score, etc. Ricordi (Everett)" (that's the 1968 edition. :( Nothing earlier mentioned by him... page 193 of his book, a footnote. Maybe 1968 is long enough ago, or a performance could be established during Vivaldi's lifetime, so that if the Turin manuscript was scanned and uploaded to IMSLP, in some countries it would be public domain under the Editio Princeps rule? I do not know.)
Choralia
Site Admin

Post by Choralia »

If the 1968 edition can be considered as an urtext edition (I'm not sure), it would be eligible for being published on the EU server. The Ricordi edition of 1989 (full score and parts) can be probably classified as urtext, however EU copyright will expire at the end of year 2014 (expired already in Italy only).

Max
Philidor
Groundskeeper

Post by Philidor »

I love this piece. It introduced me to Vivaldi (the Kirkby/Hogwood performance - before then it just got slaughtered). If someone can get hold of a copy of the Turin manuscript, and assuming it's legible, I'll set it in Sibelius and upload it to the Wiki. Or we could share it out in chunks and do it quickly...

Listening again to the Kirby recording. Her voice had changed since then - grown richer. I love the early, silvery, sound -- shivers down the back stuff.
comtranslations1

Post by comtranslations1 »

This is one of my favorite pieces of music, and I haven't been able to find it anywhere. I plan to rearrange the soprano solo's accompaniment for a school choir showcase performance, but was getting frustrated by the fact that it didn't seem to exist. Thanks for sharing.
Last edited by Choralia on Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spam link in signature removed
LiturgyByTheSea

Post by LiturgyByTheSea »