Nominations for Featured Score status

Messages from and Discussions about IMSLP

Moderator: kcleung

imslp
Site Admin

Nominations for Featured Score status

Post by imslp »

Hi people! It has been bought to my attention recently that there hasn't been a featured score on IMSLP yet... and I intend to fix this :)

And since IMSLP is a community, I would like for people to nominate scores that they think should be considered a featured score. However, IMSLP currently has so many scores... and so I'm going to place a restriction: the score must be scanned by an IMSLP contributor (including anonymous ones) :)

The criteria for judging a score should include:

1. Scan quality
2. Depth of research on the piece background (i.e. info on the scan and piece)

Keep in mind that this is a friendly competition, and in the end I will probably just randomly pick one among the batch. Regardless of which one is chosen, I would like to thank all IMSLP contributors for their work in making IMSLP what it is now :)

Sorry for being late (was traveling without internet access for a few days), but I would like to wish everyone a merry christmas and a happy new year!

-- Feldmahler
Carolus
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Featured Score nominations

Post by Carolus »

Goldberg988 has uploaded several scores recently that have very high quality scans. I'll go ahead and jump in to nominate his Balakirev Piano and Orchestra uploads for starters. There are plenty of good ones here, and I'm just thinking off the top of my head at the moment!
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

Hmm... I'll wait a bit and see if there's any other nominations; I would have put it up immediately, but the editor is not specified... even if it is simply "none". Otherwise, quite a good set of scans :)
goldberg988
forum adept
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by goldberg988 »

I discovered the editor on the Balakirev: Konstantin Stepanovich Sorokin. I updated the work page to reflect that.
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

Good job! Actually, someone contacted me via e-mail and expressed interest in nominating a score... so I'm waiting to see if he does nominate the score (and maybe a few others will do too... makes things interesting) :)
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

An anonymous donator has requested to nominate his scan of the London Symphony (Haydn No.104) and the Trumpet Concerto from the same composer (which I'll submit soon) :)

I'm still waiting for a few more nominations before I choose one :)
Carolus
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by Carolus »

I would also like to nominate the outstanding collection of Lully files from both the Biblioteque National de France and University of North Texas. I think most of these were posted by Peter. Anyone seriously interested in Lully should visit IMSLP as their first stop. Very impressive.
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

Hmm... well, two things that weren't actually mentioned here are on the featured scores list right now, but I'm still going to use some of the pieces recommended here in future featured score list submissions.

It was just that I thought it might be a better idea to put something up and then think about it (instead of thinking about it and putting nothing up), and so I put up the String Quartets and Liszt transcriptions... we'll see what happens :)